Banana Oatmeal Cookies (2- ingredients)
It’s not often that I’m excited for my kids to chow down on cookies throughout the day. But these chewy Banana Oatmeal Cookies are not only healthy but delicious and simple to make. Ready in under 20 minutes and only requires 2 ingredients!
These Banana Oatmeal Cookies have become a frequent go-to snack in my home.
First off, I always have ripe bananas and old fashioned oats on hand.
And second, they are not only kid-friendly but adult-friendly as well!
I found this recipe from Genius Kitchen’s Website
Although these Banana Oatmeal Cookies only require just that, there is the option to add in a few extra ingredients.
So, my favorite thing about these cookies is that they are free of added sugars, dairy, egg and added fats. If you are on a specific diet that restricts those items then this is a great snack or dessert for you to turn to.
To be honest, I like to add a few extra items into every batch of Banana Oatmeal Cookies to get the kids more interested in eating them.
Some of our favorite add in’s include:
- chocolate chips (Dark chocolate or Semi-Sweet)
- Raisins or dried fruit
- Fruit spread
- Chopped walnuts, almonds, peanuts
- Peanut Butter
- Coconut Flakes
→ Gluten Free
→ No Added Sugar (original recipe)
→ Vegan (original recipe)
Recipe (6 cookies)
1 Cup Old Fashioned Oats
1/3 Cup chocolate Chips
1 tsp. jam per cookie
- First, Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Then there is the option to blend your oats in a blender or food processor until they appear flour like. I skip this step because I like a quicker recipe and the cookies come out perfect with the whole oat.
- Next, in a large bowl mash your bananas with a fork until soft. Stir in the oats and mix well.
- Following that, you can choose to add any additional ingredients. When using a fruit spread or jam, prepare the cookies on the pan and make a thumbprint in each cookie before adding the jam.
- Next prepare your pan with cooking spray or parchment paper. Drop the mixture by the spoonful and then go back and form them into round- like shapes. It helps to flatten them with a spatula.
- Lastly, bake for 9-12 minutes, remove from oven and cool. Enjoy!
- They can be stored in the fridge or freezer.
What would you add in your Banana Oatmeal Cookies?