This Easy 7-Ingredient Vegan Burrito Bowl is a super simple vegan meal you can prepare for lunch or dinner. With only 7 ingredients you can quickly prepare and put this meal together in no time!
All you need for this burrito bowl is spinach, pinto beans, corn, tomato, avocado, onion and salsa.
Related: Banana Smoothie.
Burrito Bowl Ingredients:
This vegan burrito bowl is so simple to put together and a great option for meal prepping for lunch or dinner.
All you need is:
- Spinach: I used fresh raw spinach. I love using spinach in my burrito bowls because it has a high nutritional value and is a great way to get extra vitamins like Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin K and more.
- Pinto Beans: For convenience you can use canned pinto beans. For this bowl I used pinto beans that I soaked overnight and cooked the next day with some garlic salt and chili powder. This adds to the flavor of the vegan burrito bowl significantly. Pinto beans are beneficial because they are high in protein, fiber and folate.
- Corn: I always have a bag of frozen corn on hand, it’s the only things I know my kids will eat 🙂 And since I was meal prepping I choose to use frozen. However, you can use canned if your going to eat it right away.
- Tomato: I used fresh Roma tomatoes for this vegan burrito bowl, but choose any kind you like. Tomatoes offer a ton of vitamin and minerals including, Vitamin C, Vitamin B, Potassium and Calcium.
- Avocado: I had to show off this delicious and perfectly green avocado.. score! Avocados contain a ton of healthy fats, as well as protein and fiber. To cut my avocado safely and perfectly I use my OXO Avocado Slicer!.
- Onion: For this burrito bowl I used a yellow onion. This bowl goes good with any type of onion including, red onion, white onion, or green onion. Onions are always stocked in my pantry because it’s so easy to add them to cooked dishes as well as raw dishes. Onions surprisingly have a high nutritional value, Vitamin C, B Vitamins, Potassium, Calcium, and some iron.
- Salsa: I always have a jar, or two, of salsa in my home. I usually get a mild for myself and my kiddos, and a spicy for hubby. I decided to keep the salsa on the side for this vegan burrito bowl because I was meal prepping and want to keep the veggies nice and crispy. A good salsa can have a lot of benefits including, being low in calorie, no fat, no cholesterol and some Vitamin A and Vitamin C.
This vegan burrito bowl is not only healthy and filling, but budget friendly.
Recipe: 4 Servings/ 10 minute preparation
- 4 Cups Spinach (1 Cup per bowl)
- 2 Cups Pinto Beans (1/2 Cup per bowl)
- 1 Cup Corn (1/4 Cup per bowl)
- 2 Tomato (1/2 of a Tomato per bowl)
- 2 Avocado (1/2 of a Avocado per bowl)
- 1 Onion (1/4 or a Onion per bowl)
- 1 Cup Salsa (1/4 Cup per bowl)
Optional Add In’s:
- Vegan/ non-vegan cheese
- Vegan/non-vegan sour cream
- Bell peppers
- Tortilla chips
- Fresh Lime
- Add spinach to the bottom of a bowl, arrange the remaining ingredients on top. If meal prepping, there is the option to keep the salsa separate in a small container. Enjoy!