I’m telling you this peanut butter and dark chocolate oatmeal bread was the highlight of the day.. And I Am Not Kidding!
This recipe was not only super easy to follow, it calls for simple ingredients that I just happened to have available at home. There is no greater
feeling than finding a healthy recipe and then realizing you have everything to make it!
It took about 30-35 minutes from start to finish. Mostly because my kids kept asking for more dark chocolate chips 🙂
Oh and did I mention this is kid friendly!! I have a hard time getting my kids to eat oatmeal and they enjoyed a slice each to themselves.. and no they did not offer to share with me!
I found this amazing recipe on A Savory Feast blog .
On her blog she suggest enjoying this delicious recipe for breakfast and I totally agree! Who would turn down a delicious oat bread with dark chocolate and peanut butter. Obviously not my kids!! And that’s saying something 🙂
Ingredients: 9 Slices
- 1 cup rolled oats (uncooked)
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons butter (or coconut oil)
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter (no sugar added)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F, grease or line a 9X5 bread pan with butter or parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, mix the oatmeal, whole wheat flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and sea salt. Set to the side.
- In a glass bowl, melt the butter (or coconut oil), microwave for 20-30 seconds. Whisk in the eggs immediately, add the maple syrup, peanut butter and vanilla. Mix well to combine.
- Mix the wet and dry ingredients until combined. Fold in the dark chocolate chips with a spoon or spatula. Pour the picture into the greased or parchment lined pan. Bake for 20-25 minutes. Cool for 5-7 minutes before slicing. Store in the fridge for 3-5 days. (If they even last that long!)