This Banana Berry Smoothie Meal Prep is a great way to prepare a quick and healthy breakfast ahead of time! With the blend of fruit, super foods and pea protein, you will have a filling and nutritious meal ready for breakfast or as a snack!
I prefer to have smoothies a few times a week at the very least! Well, the reason being is that you can fit so many more nutrients in your body and it’s so easy!
So, I like to say.. when life gets busy, have a smoothie 🙂
No one wants to miss an opportunity to add extra nutrients in their diet, so why not meal prep your smoothies! I find it so much easier to grab one of these bad boys from the freezer, thaw for a minute or so, then pop everything in the blender with almond milk and voila! A healthy meal for anytime of the day!
So why these ingredients?
Bananas: Yes I love using brown bananas! They contain a ton of folic acid, B vitamins and calcium.
Spinach: Rich in vitamin and minerals.
Mixed berries: Rich in antioxidants, vitamin C and fiber.
Pea protein powder: Low calorie, high protein, good source of iron.
Spirulina powder: High in many nutrients, antioxidants and protein.
Ingredients Per Jar:
1 Cup Spinach
1/2 Cup Mixed Berries
1 Tablespoon Pea Protein Powder
1 tsp Spirulina Powder
1 Cup of Almond Milk (add at time of making smoothie, do not freeze!)
- Gather as many jars or storage containers as you would like to prepare in advance.
- Chop and add bananas to each container.
- Next add spinach and the mixed berries.
- It’s optional to add the powders now or right before making your smoothie.
- Do not add any milk to the container. When you make the smoothie is when you should add the milk in the blender along with the rest of the ingredients from the container.
Check out the amount of nutrients in this bad boy!!